Excellent iOS 15 Reminders and Notes Feature Review

@jmanko16 Ooh, practicing physician. I’d love to hear your iOS workflows I think there are more than a few docs on the forum. I’m still waiting on the Zotero beta invite, but I’ve grown very accustomed to the feature set of PDF Expert.

@Bmosbacker Great idea, I hadn’t thought about only moving a small portion of the text to Apple Notes. Maybe I’ll try meetings and projects.

@MartinPacker I do the opposite approach: start in Drafts and then export out to Obsidian. The voice recognition in Drafts won me over. Even with the Smart Folio keyboard attached, I can press control-control in quick succession, speak, then control-control to turn it off. On iOS a triple back tap.

1 Like

Glad my Shortcuts noodling actually came in handy… :slight_smile:

If there were any other templates you wanted to work with, or if you might want to edit/create templates on the fly, you could in theory create a specific folder in Notes for templates, and the Shortcut could be adjusted to allow you to select a template from that folder. Not sure how that might work with tables/images, but basic text templates would work without any fuss.

1 Like

Thanks, I plan to work on this this weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

Great overviews and how-tos for the new features. Thanks for posting these. I use both of these apps daily and learning new tips and tricks is very helpful.

1 Like

@oldblueday
My workflows for actual work are pretty painful (due to work limitations). Most of what would make my life easier is built into the electronic medical record (EMR). This keeps my patient work wrapped up nicely, but doesn’t play well with moving facilities (as I will occasionally cover other places on weekends for some extra $$$). There is no easy way to share data given it’s all health data. So pretty much all the fun/productive stuff really can’t happen.

Work meetings/directorship time is all done in outlook, partly because it is office 365 employer and partially because I love onenote on the iPad with the pencil.

Work tasks I have went back and forth on and not completely sure where I will land….but cycled between GoodTask, Microsoft to do, and keeping in onenote. Currently using to do.

Email I use outlook for work.

For journal articles our institution has BrowZine access which is amazing, I share sheet this to zotero and used PaperShip (and now zotero beta) to annotate on the iPad. Only recently have I been trying to use obsidian to link this all together but as above……not sure the end goal. I mean you read new info and I usually adjust my templated patient notes and order sets as a “reminder” if there is something practice changing……but after doing something over and over that option it kinda just sticks.

I made a conscious choice to use different apps for work and home life and think it has brought much more balance to life, and I also turned off email notifications 6 months ago completely.

For personal tasks I use GoodTask, for email spark, and for notes I use Apple notes for more quick notes/lists, my synology nas for all reference in pdf format with ocr so it’s all searchable.

1 Like