Fantastical Shortcut

I am a substitute teacher. I created a Shortcut that asks me questions like Who is the teacher?, What day?, What time?, What school? and then using variables turns that into text, copies it to clipboard, and opens the type to in Fantastical where I paste it in. I would like to add on to the time part and I think I should use an IF command, but not sure how. If I type “day” it would enter 7:30 am to 3:10 pm, if I typed “am” it would enter 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and if I typed pm it would enter 11:30 am to 3:10 pm. Right now I have these as Text Replacements in iOS, but it would be nice to automate the times as well into the Shortcut.

I would use a “Choose From Menu” action with three menu options — one each for day. AM, PM. Shortcuts will let you add commands for each option. E.g. the command for AM could be to set a “when” variable to “from 7:30 to 3:10”, or whatever you need.

I would use a dictionary rather than a menu or an if, like this: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/585c5fb425344dd99710449507846031

This would likely replace the “what time?” question in your current Shortcut.

4 Likes

Didn’t know you could pass a dictionary to chose from list. Neat.