Favorite Analog Tool

Europeans and their motor skills :wink:

1 Like

Staedtler Triplus Fineliner 0.3mm I buy by the dozen since they seem to run away from home easily.

Oxford Mini Index cards 3x2.5 Very handy. More durable than Post-It. For quick notes, reminders.

Traveler’s Notebook Sturdy and good for stowing in whatever you carry around. Lots of configurations. I have a penholder with mine for carrying the Pilot Petit1 Mini Fountain Pen.

Beware of JetPens. It is the black hole of analog stationers :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I love to use my fountain pens but I get too much bleed and spread and feathering on junky paper and Post It Notes, which I have to use (a lot). So I resort to either a Uni Ball Signo 307 (which, after I discovered it, resulted in my throwing away my Pilot G2 pens), or a brass pocket Kaweco pen that takes any of a million different Parker-style G2 refills (which is not the same as Pilot G2; predates it by decades, I think).

When I need to sit down and write by hand, though, it’ll usually be a high quality paper and a fat-sectioned fountain pen. Thankfully, given my particular lefty overhand writing style, the nuances of more expensive gold nibs are mostly lost on me, so I am perfectly happy with less desirable, less ostentatious, and definitely less expensive steel-nib pens.

1 Like

Yes – Kaweco makes excellent writing instruments.

I never liked cheap pens, so I used to buy whatever was most expensive among the cheap pens I could find in whatever store I was in when I needed a pen. Then I received a very nice Waterman ballpoint pen as a gift about 25 years ago. Using that pen made me realize how little I understood how much I hated cheap pens. A few years later I bought a second Waterman ballpoint pen so that I could always keep the original one at home, while the second one serves, to this day, as my away-from-home pen.

1 Like

For your MTN, do you have the standard or passport size?

Analog tool… Does a clutch pedal count?

2 Likes

Not kindergarten, 1st grade. It was a Pelikan for me. I wonder if they still hand out “fountain pen driver’s license”. For several exercises (first words, first sentences,…) you got a stamp in your license and when you had all 4 or 5, the teacher signed them and they were handed out to the class and you had your “pen license”. Which was supplied/sponsored by Pelikan. :smiley: You brought that small diploma home and proudly showed it to your parents. And you felt like some kind of small adult because you went beyond the realm of crayons.

1 Like

Is that even worth mentioning? :wink:

1 Like

Too self evident? :stuck_out_tongue:

In many parts of Europe and Asia kids still are trained to use fountain pens. The current version Pelikan sells to kids is the Pelikano Junior and Lamy sells the wood-bodied ABC, though many kids just use inexpensive Lamy Safaris or Pilot Metropolitans.

And that is good. The only way to learn proper handwriting.

1 Like

Manual shifting is still dominant in Europe. And I never would buy an automatic.

1 Like

Passport – it’s a good size for me for carrying. 13.5 cm x 10.0 cm

[/quote]
Manual shifting is still dominant in Europe. And I never would buy an automatic.
[/quote]

Sadly, that’s not the case here. A manual transmission is rarely offered in any meanful way here (Canada) and almost never in the higher trims. It’s even worse in the States.

I suppose once everything goes electric, we’ll be stuck with dull, untilitarian driving everywhere, however fast it may be. Until then I’ll continue enjoy giving my left foot something to do :slight_smile: