Favourite keyboard shortcut on MacOS?

If you’re on macOS 10.14 Mojave you can also press ⇧⌘5 to access a feature-rich screen capture facility that supports both images and videos.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a favourite of mine, but it’s both very useful and incredibly annoying.

How could Apple not use standard Cut keystrokes?

1 Like

I have Keyboard Maestro’s ‘Search the web’ action bound to ‘Ctrl-Alt-Cmd G’ (for Google).

It’s very easy to hit all those three modifier keys to the left of the keyboard together, and I use this all the time…

1 Like

I was going to say the exact same thing, including the Word rant!

1 Like

I actually prefer CMD+OPT+V as sometimes with CMD+X, CMD+V you can forget whether you copied or cut the files. With CMD+OPT+V you make the decision when you are pasting the files.

1 Like

+Option+Spacebar - Open Finder

1 Like

When saving a file instead to a certain folder. I used CMD & D. Then it will save it to the Desktop. Then I have a Haze routine to move the file to the NAS.

1 Like

Have you thought of using Default Folder X? It’s one of those must-have utilities for me. In Open/Save it appends a menu that lets you access recent folders as well as create Favorite folders, and uses shortcuts so you never have to leave the keyboard. It’s been around from the same developer for well over a decade, and is regularly supported and updated.

1 Like

Stupid question perhaps but how do you set that up?

It’s only a guess, but I think it’s accomplished via an external app, like BetterTouchTool or maybe Keyboard Maestro.

System preferences, AFAIK, does not have such option =)

In Mail:

CMD + Shift + d

This sends the email (D for dispatch :wink:

1 Like