FCC finally starts tackling America’s robocall scourge

4 Likes

Hmm, the text of the release seems a bit weak:

• The FCC’s Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau wrote to major phone companies and issued a Public Notice to ask about what free robocall blocking tools they make available to consumers.

• In addition, the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau issued two more cease-and-desist letters to phone service providers suspected of facilitating robocalls.

• Lastly, Rosenworcel announced the launch of a new effort to track the agency’s actions to implement the landmark anti-robocalls law, the Telephone Robocall Abuse Criminal Enforcement and Deterrence Act (TRACED Act).

So, we asked carriers “hey, what are you doing about this”, and we slapped a couple of hands, and we decided to figure out what our Agency has been doing too.

How am I supposed to know that the coverage for my car is about to lapse and I need a new warranty now? :joy:

1 Like

The free tools provided by my landline phone company and my my cellular company don’t block robocalls effectively. So much for items 1 and 2. Now what is in the TRACED Act?