Finder should know what monitor I'm using?

I have an M1 MacBook Air that I regularly dock into a 4K monitor. I like the MBA for its portability, and I take it almost everywhere I go. When I’m in my home office, however, I dock it — thank you Anker — and everything goes onto a 4K mounted on a VESA swing arm and I use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. It’s the best of both worlds as far as I am concerned.

Except … Finder is dumb. It seems to me that Finder should know the difference between a 13" screen and a 27" screen and know that windows can, and should be, different sizes.

Or … it could be I am dumb and there is a way to do this, and I do not know about it.

No matter where the dumbness lies, I am hoping for solutions from the MPU hive mind.

Idk for sure, but you might be able to use Moom to set an app to open to a different window size depending on the monitor you’re using.

1 Like

I’m afraid you can’t do this with Finder, but if you have Keyboard Master, you can use display layout trigger to adjust the position and size of Finder windows automatically.