For Tahoe users with OS problems: has 26.2 fixed them?

I didn’t upgrade and I guess there are several here that are hesitant and rather stay till it isn’t supported anymore or wait for macos 27.5+

4 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2026-03-15/apple-s-liquid-glass-ui-isn-t-going-anywhere-siri-home-hub-foldable-iphone-mmrpcylx

I don’t have anything against liquid glass per se, just the current application of it. I have hopes that there will be improved readability and functionality updates in macos 27

I don’t have any choice at work on my MBA but it’s been pretty solid so far. I don’t notice a massive difference between Tahoe and Sequioa, but I use them differently.

That rounded windows, and the fact that not all apps support the new Tahoe corner window, is driving me nuts! I want to downgrade but I don’t want to reinstall. This is one OS I’ve truly regretted upgrading into - truly a Windows Vista vibes here.

1 Like

Windows Vista! Get Apple to the burn ward!

The IT department at the company I worked for at the time clung to XP like a barnacle and (much to their credit) refused to budge, despite Microsoft’s full court press on the C Suite.

I didn’t downgrade, I don’t need to. I’m functional, that’s all that matters.

From reading and watching MacOS 26.4 and what is in beta 26.5 it does not look any better since release. MacOS 26 drove me mad with its complete lack of design language, bugs, and illogic behavior. And thanks to the many articles like this one, I am keeping my laptop and mac mini in zen state with MacOS Sequoia :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t do it! Stick to what u have.

So much anger.
Feed it.
Film yourself dropping that MacBook Pro from 10 floor building.
YOLO!

/joking, of course.
Sell it and be done with it. You’ll be happier.

1 Like

Not necessary, just downgrade to Sequoia and breathe the free air. Who knows, perhaps Apple will see the light and remove the transparent abomination :grin:. And all the bugs in OS26 beta.

1 Like

I wish.

I tried downgrading a couple of times to Sequoia and I found that even though the iPhone will sequester spam political texts using the Sifter app, they still are downloaded on the Mac. So that means I have to delete 10 texts every time I look at Messages.

With Tahoe, I only have to delete my spam texts every week or so. They never show in the main listing.

I’m disappointed that the Launchpad is gone and that I can’t organize the Apps.

Shortcuts isn’t the best as an app launcher.

Is there anything similar to Launchpad?

I’m at 26.5.1 and have seen no major issues anywhere.

@Amontillado I’m just using the ‘Apps’ replacement - seems to do what I need

2 Likes

@mpulsiv - I agree, Apps will do the job. I get overly frustrated over details, sometimes.

Not being able to create my own folders and organize application icons bugs me.

I’ve taken a look at Launchie, which looks like it might be a nice Launchpad replacement.

I’ll probably just stick with Shortcuts.

1 Like