For those with a M1, my Battery died, Any Reason NOT to Purchase M1 MBP 13”?

I would go for it, the M1 really is that much better.

Unless you really love the TouchBar (I did see your comment), I’d say the Air is all you need. Games or video rendering are the only scenarios where the fan is needed and the speed difference is not significant at all for normal use. Then, you could up the storage to 1TB for the same price and future proof it. Having an always silent and lighter machine is worth it in my opinion. Plus, after trying both the Air and Pro, I find the Air much nicer to type on as it doesn’t have the sharp edge that can dig into your wrists.

Rumors suggest the TouchBar is going to be consigned to history this year.

choices…choices! I guess I should be grateful that I have the means to be faced with such problems. :slight_smile:

As to disk storage, I store nearly everything in the cloud with my apps. Like everyone, I have 10’s of thousands of files, not including photos, but nearly all of them are either in Google Drive (work ) or iCloud/Dropbox (personal). The rare exception are my DT databases but I doubt that they will become so big that I fill my disk (I’m meticulous about clearing out unneeded files). Additionally, I backup everything weekly to two external drives stored in different locations. I can use these external drives to off load stuff that I decide to keep but rarely if never need to access. Accordingly, I don’t seem to need a lot of laptop storage. I can’t check it now, the battery is dead on my 2017 and it will not charge, but if I recall correctly over a four year period, including what I originally imported to the 2017, I was only using ⅓ of the 512GB drive.

My bigger decision is between the Air and Pro. I love the form factor of the Air but given that I have the iPad Pro 12.9, I may go with the Pro just for the little extra horse power and the Touch Bar, which I do use for programs such as Scrivener.

meh…:man_shrugging:…at the end of the day they are machines. Things break on my car and in the house that need to be replaced so I don’t see it as any different.

really? does your steering wheel break on your car while you are driving? because thats about the equivalent of the keyboard. The reason it took 4 years to get the keyboard changed is because people just accepted it. Don’t accept low quality garbage.

1 Like

I pulled the trigger and ordered the M1. If/when a new 14” MBP is released, I’ll purchased it and repurpose the M1 to my EA. A win-win. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

A number of folks are lining up to be your PA :smiley:

That made me laugh. :slight_smile: I have plenty of work to go around.

Good grief :roll_eyes:…,