Forecast Tag in omnifocus

Hey friends,

I wanted to know how everybody is using the Forecast Tag in Omnifocus 3. I’m still not sure how to use it.

Bring it on!

Thanks!

I’ve been experimenting with it as a way to denote my priorities for the day/week just to keep them in… perspective. (Pun intended)

1 Like

Hi, I have created a tag called “This Week”, tagging the tasks and actions that I want to get done this week. When used with the forecast tag, the forecast perspective let’s me see everything I have to do, and what I want to do. Also have a tag “this weekend” that lets me see just the stuff I want to do on the weekend. I assign these tags during my weekly review. Cheers

1 Like

I’ve tried it a few different ways. Not sure which is best.

1. Today - tagged complete list for the day. Was fine but when the list got long I was wishing for a “group by tag” feature.

2. Hot List - The top three wins for the day.

3. Spinning Plates - Routines and other tasks like remembering our son has to take a book to school. Stuff that needs to be done that day but felt too small for a proper DUE date. Sometimes I think I’m under utilizing due dates.

4. Currently I’m using “Radar” - These are tasks that might not be on the list for today or flagged or anything else, but that I really want to keep top of mind, cannot forget, don’t want to disappear into the dark murky waters of my database. This is not a working view, but something to look over at the beginning of the day.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! Really helpful stuff. I think what makes more sense to me is to use a “This Week” tag…

Keep sharing other curious uses!

That’s similar to how I use the Forecast tag. I just called mine ‘★’ and it represents things that I want to do in the next few days. I use flags to be a little more serious, like ‘should be done today’, and can also appear as a badge on the OF icon.