(Update) Full HomeKit Reset

For various reasons I decided to delete my Home and, using my 6th family member to create a family iCloud account, I created a new Home with that account as the primary.

I did this to simplify and redo the naming convention of my devices and rooms. The set up process was much easier than I thought it would be and it took a lot less frustration and time than I had planned for.

I also made a conscious effort to add all of my devices to HomePass so that I would never loos their information again.

So far so good and everything is working better than it has in a long time. This was long overdue.

Along this topic, does anyone else use an iPad attached to the wall as a hub? I have mine attached to my refrigerator but would happy pay for a device like an Echo Show.

1 Like

I am thinking about doing this myself. Clearing out HomeKit, but then using Home Assistant to populate it. Except, Home Assistant’s learning curve is the killer for me right now.

Also, that iPad strapped to a fridge makes me very nervous. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s an inexpensive one so I’m not too worried. It’s connected with 4 magnets and has never fallen off and has been on there for 2 years now, I think

1 Like

I took a similar, though much smaller step recently.

I had 4 x NanoLeaf bulbs, plus 2 x NanoLeaf light strips in my study. I recently replaced all the bulbs with Hue ones. My Scenes had already been a bit slow but became tragic after the switch (I renamed the NanoLeaf bulbs then added the Hues under the original names).

Anyway, I deleted and recreated the scenes and they are now much more responsive.

1 Like

I also decided to reset my Sonos Play:1 speakers, which have been outside in 110+ degree heat but unused, after 3 years and the set up went much easier as well and they still work!!

This has been a good week for me. :grin:

1 Like