Fusion 360 Home View Automation

Hey All. Recently got myself a used 15 key stream deck, yay! I’m digging into some Fusion 360 mapping as I use the software for modeling, mostly for 3D printing.

There are many many features with keyboard shortcuts, but manipulating the view of the model is unfortunately not one of them. I want a quick way to reset the view to “home”. Well, quicker then mousing over to the home button on the view cube in the upper right corner. At this point, I’m a little resigned to it not being possible after reading years of threads on various forums that say “nope can’t be done”. So now I’m starting to reach out to places where people might have some knowledge. Have you solved the problem? Do you have a solution? Happy to hack something together. There is a scripting API for Fusion360 but in reading the reference guides, nothing refers to the model view. I stumble across a post about double mouse clicking the center mouse button and I was going to map that through better touch tool, but no dice there either.

Consider this my last-ditch effort before I throw the towel in. Thanks!

Welcome!

Keyboard Maestro

I use a program that doesn’t have a hot key for zoom 200%, so I wrote a KM macro that saves the mouse position, moves the mouse over and clicks the drop down, click 200%, then returns the mouse to its previous position.
Of course this relies on the drop down always being in the same place on the screen, but since I always use it maximized, it’s not a problem.

For more complex problems opportunities, KM can capture part of the screen, recognize text, and perform actions. I haven’t needed or gotten into that.

KM also has a “Click at Found Image” action that can be useful and, sometimes, more accurate on screens that might have changed.

Great minds. Was editing to add that as you replied :slightly_smiling_face:
I hadn’t thought about using it to ensure the control is where I expected it to be. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks all! I used the click found image and an offset on the click to get what I needed.