Here are points:
- Once upon a time, my employer was relocating, and we employees were required to temporarily get Google Voice numbers to use during an interim period.
- Relocation is years past. I removed (or so I thought) GV from my iPhone.
- Everything was fine for a while, or so it seemed.
- Now, if I do not answer an incoming call on the iPhone, it eventually goes to Google Voice!
- But I have no Google Voice number. I have no idea what the number was that I used once upon a time. And I’ve since retired, and really have no way to resurrect enough information to fight it out with Google (whose help pages are especially unhelpful in this respect).
- So, now if I can’t answer the phone, confidential information — medical, etc. — risk going who knows where.
Does anyone have any advice for this kind of situation? My cell provider is T-Mobile.