Grabbing OmniFocus task URL on iOS

On my mac I currently have a keyboard maestro workflow that would copy the URL for a specific OmniFocus task and paste it into Ulysses (and vice versa). This allows me to keep on-going notes about tasks and projects outside of OmniFocus.

The OmniFocus URL looks something like this: omnifocus:///task/[jibberish, which I take to be the task ID]

However, I can’t seem to find a way to grab this link from OmniFocus 3. Does anyone know whether this can be done?

1 Like

This Workflow will do it. You could modify it to work from the share sheet instead of the clipboard if you wanted

3 Likes

pressing on a task a bit longer will bring up the option to copy the link, so even without a workflow it is possible to grab the link.

When I click the Share icon of the task (bottom right in task) and click ‘copy’ - all I get is the url when I paste that.

Looking at the first post that’s the link we’re looking for? Or am I wrong?
In workflow you can use the add to ulysses sheet function, but that is fairly static as you would have to put in a sheet identifyer, so the link would always be appended there. But is that’s not what’s needed… I don’t really know.

1 Like

Rosemary’s workflow works perfectly for what I need.
I didn’t realise that the URL I was looking for was at the end of the taskpaper stuff after I copy a task.

Now I know something about using Index in Workflow

1 Like