GTD Quick Capture: How do you do it?

Tattoo it on my forehead so that when I look in the mirror I won’t forget. Downside is limited space and having to write backwards.

Alternatively Drafts is always my goto capture app.

6 Likes

Yes but as the “product” matures many find more space becomes available! :wink:

7 Likes

I use Reminders for task management and have really enjoyed using the iOS app Remind Me Faster for quick capture alongside occasional Siri use.

On the Mac, I usually use Drafts for capture but notice that Stephen Hackett recommended a Mac app today called InstaRemind for Reminders quick capture which I’ll be trying!

2 Likes

before was drafts but changed to OF

I like this a lot better than my ‘hack’ version with keyboard maestro!

1 Like

On Mac:
Same as you with the NotePlan (global keyboard short to evoke command bar) for both tasks and quick thoughts/mentions

On iOS:
Siri to Reminders or Drafts.

I then review my INboxes twice a day and everything ends up in NP.

1 Like

For those that use OmniFocus, don’t forget that you can use Siri to add an item to a specific reminders list and OF can automatically import from that list.

Yes that works. Also, you can just ask siri to add things to OmniFocus directly and not have to use Reminders as an intermediary. “ Add blah blah to OmniFocus,” [it will go in the inbox] or “Add blah blah to my telephone list in OmniFocus” [It will go on your “telephone” tag in OmniFocus]. You can say “Remind me of blah blah in OmniFocus,” but, for me, that one ends up just in reminders at least half the time. Siri considers either projects or tags to be lists, so you could add to a project or add to a tag. I usually just add to the inbox so I can process later.

2 Likes

Drafts is the only way to go for me when it comes to quick notes.

2 Likes

Unless english is not your native language (and Siri is not set to english) :smiley: … Siri get’s hopelessly confused when mixing languages.

In General, this also works with a couple of other languages, besides English.
https://support.omnigroup.com/omnifocus-siri-other-languages/

That is very Funny! Ha Ha! :smile:

1 Like

It should indeed work with Dutch (my native language)… but Siri most of the time does not interprets “Omnifocus” correctly, it tries to convert it to some dutch sentence. :slight_smile: The same issue i had with Things. If i use it, its in the car, so i just trust on Reminders integrations which works better in my case.

I tried this sentence from the examples: “Voeg een taak toe met de naam Koop loopschoenen in OmniFocus”. The result is that Siri adds a task “Koop loopschoenen in OmniFocus” to Reminders :slight_smile:

Have you tried BrainToss yet?

I hereby edit my sentence as follows, to correct the deficiency you rightly pointed out:

Also, you may be able to ask siri to add things to OmniFocus directly and not have to use Reminders as an intermediary ; your mileage (kilometer-age?) may vary depending on, among other things, your language preference.

5 Likes