Happy iOS 13 Launch day :)

Anyone else notice that in the days leading up to a software update or upgrades, your device(s) seem to act a bit wonky with syncing and timing? Like they KNOW they are about to get an update, somehow??

2 Likes

This is the first time in years I skipped the betas, so I am very excited today! I really want the reminders update and dark mode. I have used every third party reminders app, and while some are great I am happy to use native when it does what I need. Same reason I always end up back on Mail.app.

2 Likes

Yeah… I actually have beta on MAC but have not upgraded there yet. My iPad is mostly media… though in next few weeks I am going all in on Pro. I realize more and more of my work life can be done on iPad as more management than other kind of work… So all in :wink:

Be aware: on the recent episode of Connected, Mike and @ismh mentioned some reports that iOS 13 is still buggy, even on review editions of the new phones. One of them even talked about waiting for 13.1 (can’t remember who or what the conclusion was, sorry).

I’m waiting at least a couple days for the reckless brave to let us know how it is. :wink:

That said I cannot WAIT to get rid of the Google swipe keyboard and just use the stock one.

3 Likes

I’m supposedly 13 minutes away from finding out how buggy it is on an XS. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Installed! So 13.1 now coming the 24th instead of the 30th for those waiting for that.

5 Likes

Installed and noticed that Apple News+ is now available in the UK along with Arcade

1 Like

In addition to iOS 13.1 (as @HellsKitchenDweller mentioned) there are reports that iPadOS will be launching on September 24th as well.

I hope it does. Reading Frederico’s review has me positively salivating over the new iPad features.

5 Likes

I’m among the reckless! :slight_smile: Loving dark mode on the phone and can’t wait to get it on my iPad! And, no more robo calls! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Within five minutes of that post, iOS 13 just screened the first Robo call. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to that. I’ve been running the iOS 13 beta, which didn’t have that feature (unless there’s a setting somewhere that I needed to adjust?), but I got off the beta train when Apple went straight to 13.1.

You have to activate the feature in settings under phone.

1 Like

Ah, the “Silence Unknown Callers” setting. Got it. :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Seems like a good update so far. I’m going to get a lot of use out of the native swipe keyboard. The new opaque backgrounds for app folders are hideous; has anyone found a way to change them?

Overall, it seems to be creeping closer to what power users want. Something like the menu in the upper left of a Safari tab would have been unthinkable a couple of years ago. It’s nice that Apple thinks we’re ready for a little more immediately available control.

1 Like

I installed iOS 13 as soon as I woke up. Currently waiting for watchOS 6 to download to my Watch.

Loving:

• Shortcuts interface
  • Silence unknown callers

Not loving:

• Being blinded by apps that don’t have dark mode enabled yet!
3 Likes

WatchOS 6 took nearly 2 hours for me to download! But glad I’m running GM now.

1 Like

Likewise! iOS was a quick half-hour!

1 Like

I need to find a new wallpaper. Mine isn’t white, but it’s on the bright side. Clashes with dark mode!

1 Like

There’s some stunning cityscape at BeatifulPixels. I love some of the wallpapers there.

2 Likes

That’s great news to hear that 13.1 is coming out even earlier. The 13.1, 2, 3, 4 have been very stable for me. For many I would just upgrade right to the public beta 13.1 now, but I guess waiting several days is not that big of a deal.

1 Like