Help me spend $50

As a result of making a purchase for Christmas, I have a $50 Apple Gift Card. What would be the best use of $50? Here is what I already own:

MBP 2016 with Touch Bar
2018 iPad Pro 12.9, Folio case and pencil
IPhone X
Apple Watch Series 4 with Melaneses band
AirPods
Various USB-C, Ligthening, and USC-A cables

Any recommendations for spending $50 based on what I currently own? Suggestions could be services, applications, accessories, etc.

Thanks!

My suggestions cost exactly that! :rofl:

1. Put towards Air Pods?
  2. Save the gift card for future ios apps that you want to try?

App Suggestions

• Day One
  • Drafts
  • Omnifocus
  • Fantastical
  • Byword
  • Devonthink
  • Tweetbot
  • Ulysses

I just DM’d you my address. Thanks!

Whenever I get a gift card, it usually gets dumped into the my iTunes account and I just use it over time on apps. If you listen to this show, you know that’s going to happen frequently if you have no self-restraint.

Indeed, @katiefloyd and @MacSparky have cost me a lot of money! I hope when you DM’d me you included your Christmas list. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No you don’t. :wink:

You either have an Apple Store gift card, or an iTunes gift card. The former cannot be used for music/movies/games/apps/TV shows, while the latter cannot be used for any hardware sold by Apple.

So which card do you have?

1 Like

I have the Apple Store Gift Card. :smile: which means I should have been more accurate with my request. What recommendations would the forum have to what Apple Store item I should apply the $50 to given what I currently own? :slight_smile:

FYI. I have had Apple let me essentially buy an iTunes card with an Apple store card. You just have to do it over the phone. But it’s an option if you want to go that way.

1 Like

Since you have an Apple Watch, maybe get yourself a new band?

The leather iPhone cases are nice, and the price matches your gift card.

A 12-month Office 365 personal subscription can be purchased in the online Apple Store (?!) for $69.95 - Home/Student is $149.95, and Home/Business is $249.95.

Personally, I’d save up towards the updated Airpods that Ming-Chi Kuo says are coming in the sits half of 2019.

Last month I got a HomePod and it’s already one of my favorite speakers I’ve ever owned, and I use it in the bedroom. Love it. $50 off would make it a more palatable price, too.

1 Like