Help with finding best writing app for the Mac

What sensible customers you have :wink:

Given who they are I am sure they know what and why they are doing.

Write everything in Drafts and then use the “Actions” to send the text off to whichever app you want to use to polish it.

If you don’t see the app you use amongst the default actions included in the app, the chances are you’ll find it in the online Action Directory:

https://actions.getdrafts.com

As a plus, you can then “file” your writings with different tags in Drafts to achieve a certain amount of order (should you wish to keep the original text).

1 Like

Cool. Have been thinking about this myself. Sounds like a good way to keep it all in one place.
The collapsible bullets of dynalist keep me coming back to start writing and planning there. The plan is to collect everything in Evernote, but this is barely an idea up until now.
The only bothering thing for me is the mediocre export options and missing MD support. Apart from that, it’s stellar for organization of thoughts, drafting, writing in meetings etc. I even have special textexpander snippets for it😍.

2 Likes

@andreasl, agree with all @Bmosbacker advice. I too use Scrivener its great for putting all your research material in one place when writing, However, my digital brain is now Ulysses, which is part of Setapp which is briliant value for money. Still go back to Scrivener for certain writing projects though.

2 Likes