Highlights v. MarginNote v. LiquidText v

I’ve simply settled with Apple Notes and Quick Note.

I just came to the realisation that I’ve always used LT as a temporary draft. Notes I wrote in the workspace are never useful in the long run. I had to type out important notes anyway. So there’s not much point in organising and connecting them.

Apple Notes can fulfil the same function. This is also the decision I made after the recent Notability scandal. I just don’t want any note-taking app to lock me in in any way.

1 Like

I really haven’t settled… I primarily use PDF Expert, as I can highlight and export into iThoughts for study purposes… I really, really want to like Liquid Text, but the recent “Live Sync” features are priced out of my league, with all of the kinks in the macOS app…

As a pure PDF reader on iOS, I’ve tried just about everything and nothing touches iAnnotate. Been using it for years. It’s flawed. Limited integration with iCloud is a pain (it can only read files within its sandboxed folder whereas other apps can open in place anywhere on iCloud). It’s also increasingly dated GUI-wise. However, nothing has been able to displace it for me.

My needs are simple but this is the only app I’ve found that fulfils them:

• Fully customisable highlight colours (amazing how many apps don’t have this)
  • Fully customisable toolbar
  • Ability to easily mark where you are in a long document and move back to that position

I just wish they’d update it to fix the flaws.

1 Like

I’m on a similar search after liquid text’s sync pricing. Does iAnnotate export highlights and comments? I actually like Highlights, but after 3 days use it’s crashed a number of times and it’s extremely glitchy when highlighting.

I markup pdf books and want to export the highlights and comments.

Dare I ask why Adobe Acrobat isn’t mentioned in this discussion?