Hit a Wall in Reminders; Any way around, over, or under it?

I support whatever decision you make! :grinning:

3 Likes

@cornchip well, as long as I know you’re behind me I’ll feel good with any of my decisions. I’ll be sure to tell my wife it was your fault. :rofl:

4 Likes

Hello Bmosbacker,
I meant to respond to this last week and was glad you feel the problem is resolved but looking at the screenshot what was at first a concise linear path is now redundant in that each subtask refers to a previous chain. If you treat each month as a group as previously suggested by you and others it gives you the ability to further define the task as to more specific dates within the month group as well as additional responsibilities.

I hope this is helpful.

I also put the critical path in a Numbers spreadsheet which can be used in conjunction with Reminders and gives you the functionality in reviewing documents within the spreadsheet. Let me know if you are interested in seeing some screenshots. And of course by using Numbers, it’s free software.

I’d be very interested in seeing that and other screenshots. Thanks!

Here are the screenshots and if you are interested in playing with the spreadsheet I could send it to you via email.

That’s impressive and creative. It gives me ideas on how I could use Numbers as a dashboard for major projects. Thanks for taking the time to put that together and sharing with me, much appreciated!

But if the defaults are causing you to waste critical productive time in a workaround then it’s time to switch.

I don’t switch apps lightly, but once I hit the wall, do my research on what will work for my use cases, then I switch. And the switches seem to routinely take me about a year per app to get it all out and into the new structure. So I’m am loathe to do it more often than once every couple of decades if I can manage it or every 10-12 years if I can’t make the previous version last for 20+

2 Likes

Indeed, this is what what most recent experience with AN as taught me. I’m definitely moving on, I just have to be careful so I only have to do this once for a long time!