I set up my user account in the HD when I first set up the Mac. I then put system on external SSD and set to boot from that drive.
I now need to move my user account from HD to SSD as it is causing problems. I will then have to point photos and iTunes libraries to old libraries on the HD.
I have some questions.
- Can I simply create new folder and then point the Home directory at it?
- What do I do with the existing folders on HD? Leave them?
- If I point to new photos library on the HD what will happen to the library on the SSD - should I delete it?
- Anything else to consider or look out for?
- What is the significance of the ‘Home’ icon on my HD account? How come it is used when first setting up Mac but not used when I create a new admin account?