HomePod Hell - Stereo pairs fail

I have three sets of HomePods all set up as stereo pairs, one at work and two at home. Two out of the three pairs are minis. I constantly have to unplug these stereo pairs to reset them as they lose their stereo connection and start work independently again. After being away from them for a day or so, when I say “Hey Siri” they only work on their own, not as a stereo pair. This is the same on all three sets. When I unplug them and restart them, the stereo pair works again. Not a big deal I suppose, but it’s very irritating. Is there any way to prevent this issue? By they way, they always work as a stereo pair via AirPlay at all times.

Interesting strategy in this thread. The thread is from 2019, so not sure if it applies to the Mini.

• lift the homepods off the surface and rock them gently to recalibrate. When they think they got moved, they adjust

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250269873?answerId=250503260022#250503260022

2 Likes

I had the exact same issue about one year ago. I tried everything: restarts, resets, removing them from my account. And nothing helped. Eventually it stopped and everything was fine again. @JohnAtl’s quote sounds interesting. Because I indeed did move them in the process. Weird.

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome!
Did it work?

Little HomePods like to be cuddled from time to time, else they get colicky and won’t talk to their siblings.

8 Likes

Seems to be working!

1 Like