Hoping this WWDC Rumor from Gurman is True

Gurman also believes we’ll see redesigns for other default apps, which puts updates in contention for the likes of Mail, Notes, Reminders, Podcasts, Safari, Messages, Music, and more.

2 Likes

My main wish is very simple - for Reminders to to have adjustable text size.

You can adjust individual apps or all app font sizes on iOS. Unfortunately, I have not found a way to do this on the Mac for apps like Reminders.

1 Like

Right. It’s the Mac I need larger text on. The text is minuscule on my 27” iMac.

I agree, The programmers must be 20 somethings. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’ve resorted to scaling the display resolution on my 27" iMac to 2048x1152 to make everything a bit bigger overall, that has the effect of making text and vector icons larger but still sharp. Right now (macOS 12, but has been the case for most versions to date) that is the only way to make text larger on the Mac. I agree, being able to adjust text size is something I take advantage of in other apps, even if it’s just to bump up by a few points, it’s high time that Apple did likewise. Their designers may have perfect vision, but I’m pretty sure it’s not just Tim Cook who wears glasses among Apple’s management, so you’d think that they would understand that everyone’s eyesight changes as you get older.

At some point I’m assuming Apple are actually going to rethink their software strategy. All there apps from Final Cut, to iWorks to stock apps are 3 star apps. They used to be 4.8+. Ironically Microsoft’s apps on mac have better star ratings than Apple’s own apps.

Perhaps Apple are actually going to spend some time focusing on the quality of the software, including the bugginess of the OSes?

1 Like

I only have 1 wish: mail gets a share sheet!

3 Likes

Hope springs eternal! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like