How did you find Free Agents?

So, how did you find (and end up listening to) Free Agents?

I found the show because I was browsing the relay site and saw the show, listened to a couple of episodes and the rest is history. :wink:

1 Like

I started listening at the beginning, I think finding it from cross-promotion from Jason and Davidā€™s other podcasts. I wasnā€™t sure itā€™d stick in my playlist, but 49 episodes later, still one of my favorite shows to listen to!

3 Likes

Through MPU. Listener from the beginning. Looking forward to Davidā€™s reveal of his new co-host!

3 Likes

Isnā€™t the reveal already in the pinned about post for this category?

4 Likes

I think I heard David mention it on MPU, so thought ā€œwell, I used to be a free(ish) agent, Iā€™ll give it a listen!ā€ - and even though I now have a full time job Iā€™m still listening and learning a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

From MPU. Iā€™ve always viewed graduate school as being a ā€˜free agentā€™ sort of gig. Have listened from ep. 1!

1 Like

This is indeed strange. And spoiled the surprise a little. But I like the choice. Kim Schmitz is a super interesting guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will miss Jason, but Iā€™m also looking forward to the reveal.

Watching CGP Grey on YouTube begat listening to Hello Internet begat listening to Cortex begat listening to Free Agents. Iā€™ve been self-employed for nearly 10 years, and Iā€™m still learning how this all works!

2 Likes

A friend of mine at work recommended it too me, because he knew I was unhappy and planning to leave to go out on my own. Free agents has been a great tool to help me reflect on my business.

2 Likes

We are happy to help youā€¦ Even just a little bit. Iā€™m looking forward to the new shows. The first show with the new house drops Tuesday.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been listening for about 3 months or so now. Iā€™m noodling over the idea of becoming a Free Agent, and the discussions have been really helpful! Thank you.

2 Likes

I sort of stalk Jason as a part-time hobby, so I knew about it right away, but itā€™s possible the first mention was on MPU?

:grinning:

2 Likes

I found it through Relay - same way as I found MPU.

1 Like

From MPU.
For the story, the podcast started few months after I went freelance.
I was so happy (and still is) to hear about all these subjects/problematics we are facing. It really helps.

2 Likes

Heard about it on MPU, and I was preparing the next stage in my career, and FA helped me cross that line.

1 Like

Since both David Sparks and Jason Snell mentioned it, I just had to listen.
(Having been a Free Agent myself for 13 years now ā€¦ and counting.)

2 Likes

Through MPU. I have found it invaluable for planning a transition to doing my own thing after early retirement rolls around, which wonā€™t be much longer.

2 Likes

I took a similar path, and actually found MPU from free agents

1 Like

Iā€™m a long-time Mac Power Users listener. So when David announced he was starting another podcast I had to give it a try.

2 Likes