How Does Apple's 'Move To Junk' Work With Gmail?

I assume this syncing occurs via the IMAP mail interface which I understand Apple Mail uses by default to talk to Gmail. I’m sorry, I always forget that I’m a holdout using POP3 to get my e-mail which, of course, does not send much useful information back to the server.

I believe you and this is what I would hope for. But for me these words above are not what I see at the link you provided at top? Maybe they send me something else at that url based on country or something. Strange.

! Yes, can’t help you there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, interesting. I would think the service would behave the same globally, but that’s just an assumption.

I assumed same. I’m old enough to have learned not to assume. I guess I was on the right track to advise reading the document. Google sends different messages. Maybe geographic, or login details, or … dunno.

May I ask why you continue to use POP3? It is not more secure than IMAP. Copies of every message you have ever sent or received still on servers and in user accounts, not to mention archives and backups.

1 Like

I like to get my messages off the Hover mail servers and onto my Mac which has a robust backup system in place. I rarely need access to mail on my iPhone. The times I do, I simply use Hover’s webmail in a browser. Every year I archive my e-mail into the EagleFiler app for further backup and a capable search facility. This also gets a year’s worth of e-mail out of Apple Mail and speeds it up.

1 Like