How I did on Resolution not to change apps

Thanks, I’lll give it try.

Do you work in iOS much (relative to using Alfred instead of TE)? Intriguing switch, but I’m in IOS a good deal and wondering how that change would work.

My use of iOS tends to vary but in general, I’m on my iPad Pro probably for 80% of my work in a given week. I have taken a two-fold approach to dealing with snippets on iOS. I have many text replacements in iOS that I can use for snippets 1- 3 sentences in length. For larger snippets, I copied them from TE and pasted into a series of Apple Notes. It only takes a few seconds to copy/paste these snippets into emails, etc. This works fine and is free. :slight_smile:

Shortcuts arguably provides a nice alternative, too. You could build out complex expansions using text, menus, and Ask for Input and copy the result to the clipboard/paste into a target app.

Thanks for the tip, no doubt that can be done. But frankly that probably requires just as many clicks or more than merely copying the snippet from Apple notes and pasting it, which takes two clicks. :slight_smile: And, most of my snippets are just several sentences to several paragraphs of text with blanks where I can insert the necessary information so I don’t need anything particularly complex. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Definitely worth a good look. The less subscriptions the better.

1 Like

I use Overcast for all of my podcasts, which I regularly listen to in the car. The only problem I’ve ever seen is sometimes a really long playlist will not display the items at the bottom. I don’t know if this is a CarPlay problem or a Overcast problem. But since I rarely am selecting episodes to play in my car, it’s not an issue.

As @ismh said, the CarPlay Home view is editable. But the display you mentioned is called CarPlay Display, and it is not editable because it’s automatically generated.

However, the items on the right side change depending upon what you’re doing or have recently done. So, if I’m listening in Overcast, I get a “tile” for Overcast with a few controls. Tapping on it opens the app. Same with Audible, Apple Music, etc. This has always worked flawlessly for me, and I think it’s better than having to choose what’s showing.

I can’t answer about Siri because I rarely use it to control my phone. My car’s steering wheel has play/pause, skip forward/back, and volume, and these all work to control Overcast just fine.

1 Like

Thanks for this helpful information. I’m going to give Overcast a try in my car. Thanks again.