How long can I hold out on 14.5?

For several years, I have been good about waiting to install iPhone releases to let early adopters find all the bugs. But the ability to allow the watch to unlock you phone while wearing a mask and app transparency are two things I really want now!

Would love to hear from those that dove in already.

Upgraded right as it was available, no issues to report.

4 Likes

14.5 had a very long beta process. I used all the public betas and never had an issue.

FWIW, the unlock-with-watch feature while masked is OK, but you can always unlock your phone with a passcode which probably takes no more effort than raising your wrist.

1 Like

same here. Though I have not had any apps panhandle me for tracking. it makes me wonder if it works or whether or not the problem is as widespread as thought. I tested it by installing instagram and got nothing. isn’t instagram a big offender?

1 Like

Maybe it’s disabled by default on your device. Was on mine based on my already stringent settings. So I don’t see requests anyway.

Downloaded on day 1 and has been perfectly stable for me on both iOS and iPadOS

2 Likes

I just found this on 9to5 Mac:

For users running iOS 14.5, both the Facebook and Instagram apps will automatically opt out of tracking settings.

So I guess they don’t want to embarrass themselves by even asking. :joy:

5 Likes

Wow.

I mean.

Wow.

2 Likes

Installed and watch updated, no issues so far. I would have waited a week but the mask/watch unlock was too good to wait!

1 Like

I immediately installed iOS 14.5 because of “Mask ID”, but I’m super disappointed about losing Nuance’s Swype keyboard:

Ok, I’m sold. Will upgrade today/tonight.

1 Like