How should I handle scheduling backing up Arq to B2 when I have 3 partitions I'm working to backup?

Hi, I’m an Arq user and working on uploading my stuff onto B2. I have Arq scheduled as the following:

Intially I was thinking about putting my Archive drive uploading to B2 through Arq on Manual for now until the Photos drive is backed up. At this point, my HD is backed up and just backs up the difference. Is it able to backup 2 drives to 2 separate buckets at the same time?

As this is one of the selling points for Arq 6, I don’t think Arq 5 can do this. (Noting that Arq 6 is unstable.)

Ok, yeah I’m waiting to update to Arq 6 due to it being unstable. In the meantime what would you advise?

@JohnAtl things seem to be working fine now that I’ve disabled my Archive drive from backing up (only manually) for now.

1 Like

Just to update, the Photos drive is backed up alright. Now backing up the Archive drive.

1 Like

Since I ditched TimeMachine, I’m in a similar situation. I have two destinations set for an hourly interval, but individual backups sometimes take more than an hour. Arq seems to be handling it okay, and hourly backups to two destinations is probably overkill. I’m going to give it a while longer to settle out and see if I need to make adjustments.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 5.41.46 PM

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 5.41.57 PM

Will the backups run at the same time? I ask as when I use Carbon Copy Cloner it can clone to separate drives at the same time. Does Arq allow the same?

No, as best I can tell, it’s one at a time.

1 Like