How will you journal in 2023?

Text journaling happens in Drafts. I use the journaling in Drafts concept and the Monthly Journal action. At the end of each month I share the journal to Day One.

If the journal entry includes an image or document that goes directly to Day One.

2024 starts with my journals “written” in Scribe

Great Minds think alike…… :wink:

Would you mind explaining what it means that Day One is incorporating the Apple Jounal API? Does that mean it could pull in the Apple daily prompts? If so, does it do it now automatically or am I way off base?

I shall continue my ten-year habit that started on paper, moved into Day One and is now settled in Diarly. As McSparky has mentioned, multiple journals keep things neat for me: a daily without fail entry in my “journal”, even if it is only a sentence, but it can be pages. An entry every few days in my nature journal, noticing seasonal changes and recording interesting natural phenomena. Weekly gratitude, monthly reviews and quartlerly reviews and plans each have their own journal, as does my garden and my digital work.

1 Like

Day One now has a “Suggestions” prompt under the new entry tab (on iPhone, at least) which can incorporate locations you’ve been, songs from Apple Music, pictures and workouts. It’s the same as the new Apple Journal app, just in Day One.

1 Like

Thanks. I see it now.

Reluctantly paid for another year of Dayone. Was hopeful with the Journal as I only use it on my phone anyway, but it’s too barebones yet.

1 Like

Ah, me too! I’m impressed with the app and how responsive the Dev is to FRs.

1 Like

this is what I say every year because for some reason they will not give us the ability to resize images in the entries. This is way beyond unacceptable at this point. If I want to put a sticker or icon in my entry, I do not want it blown up to full screen. Who at DayOne thinks this is even normal?

Trying out physical journaling for the first time. Daily Stoic Journal for values/gratitude, Theme System Journal for goals, Field Notes on the go

2 Likes