I Don’t Even “Feel Right” Asking. WHERE Does The Downloads Go Now?

This is getting very old quickly.

iPadOS. Downloads.

“Downloaded” a small 5.3 mb zip file. When i click on the blue downward pointing arrow in the circle, it shows it’s there. Click on it, nothing. Go to my iCloud download folder, it is not there. Is a Klingon holding it for ransom?? :frowning:

mine still go to ~/Downloads as usual - I don’t have everything synched with iCloud drive though.

2 Likes

Is it possible you chose a different folder in Safari’s settings?

1 Like

There’s a setting in Settings for Safari

1 Like

Yep. That is what i have checked off on this end.

If you go to the Files app and look in iCloud Drive/Downloads the files you just downloaded aren’t there?

1 Like

Nope! The last three that showed up over there were Oct 27th. I have attempted to download several since then, with no luck, all from various sources.

(Would post a screenshot, but sensitive information in there).

Wow. Okay, I figured as much, but wanted to check the basics.

1 Like

I sincerely thank you JohnAtl! We all need a wake up every now ‘n then. I sure do wish your idea had fixed it!

1 Like

Two thoughts, when all else fails, try rebooting your iPad. If that doesn’t work, if you have iMazing, backup your iPad, create an editable copy of the backup in iMazing and then you can poke around and find perhaps where the file is.

1 Like

What if you change the destination to your iPad?
Might narrow it down to an iPadOS problem or a Safari problem.

1 Like

GREAT IDEA JohnAtl, and…IT WORKED! I now have TWO Download Folders, and my test download zip file showed up! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

THANK YOU SIR!

I have been fighting SO MANY IOS/iPadOS issues these last few days, (many that I haven’t even mentioned here, because I don’t like complaining). I even spec’d out a Windows machine! :flushed::see_no_evil::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

When your business runs 100% by computers and internet, you can not afford for smart folks like Apple to do this kinda junk. :angry:

2 Likes