I Don't Get Airpods

Among your other talents you are a connoisseur of comfortable headphones?

I’ve only been using them for a couple of months but these Panasonics fit my ears better than anything else I have used. I have two pair currently but am ordering more so I can keep a pair in my kit bag, my car, upstairs, downstairs, etc. - right next to pairs of reading glasses which I also buy in bulk. :wink:

1 Like

Why did I get Airpods? Simple: I run. A lot. And, unless the snow is really deep or spring melt turns one of the streets on my route into a lake, I run outside, no matter the temperature and no matter the weather.

I’ve tried all kinds of earbuds and for running I absolutely cannot stand the silicone tipped in-ear noise-isolating kinds: They amplify the sounds of my breathing, heartbeat, and footfalls to annoying levels and more distressingly, they block sounds of traffic behind me.

Apple’s Earpods let me hear what’s playing without blocking out ambient sounds, but the wires are so, so, so annoying while running. When the Airpods came along, I jumped on the bandwagon right away, and have never been disappointed. They’re not perfect, but they’re really very good for running. The sound quality is just okay, but that doesn’t matter much for my use case.

I have AirPods for going out for a walk, sitting at the office etc.

I’ve also got Plantronics for running and workout - I don’t want the AirPods overly sweaty and the Plantronics feel more secure working out

1 Like

I have a pair of Bose noise-cancellation ear buds that work great for me, but my co-worker was really happy with his AirPods and kept showing all the neat things about it. I was intrigued, but for me noise cancellation – which it lacks – is essential for my long train commutes.

But a few weeks ago, I bought a pari of AirPods (first gen) for my wife, and sampled them. I was pleasantly surprised. They sound a lot better than the wired ones, and they fit nicely.

Still, they’re not noise-cancelling, so I won’t buying myself a pair, but I think they’ll work great for some people.