IFTTT Pro introduced

I’d pay this, and I still might, but as it stands, one of the IFTTT applets I’d really like to work (Sonos recognizing my location and turning on when I get close to home) is spotty at best. It worked for about two weeks; tried to change a station; and then it was gone…

So, the million dollar question is what is IFTTT worth at a monthly rate? The minimum is $1.99 per month.

Has anyone upgraded and if you don’t mind sharing what you paid?

I’ve been trying to decide if I want to go ahead and upgrade to the “pay what you want” pro sub, at the $2/month minimum. I don’t really do much with the service. I have it sending me a few RSS feeds via email, but I can just switch those to my RSS reader. I also use the NY Times integration to get weekly lists of articles that match certain search terms, and that’s been useful, but there’s probably another way to do that. I have a few other applets set up, but I don’t really use them.

I really like the idea of IFTTT, but the execution has always been spotty for me. I’ll think of something I want to do with the service, try to set it up, then realize that there’s a missing link somewhere that makes it impossible to set up the particular integration that I wanted.

3 Likes

I subscribed.

I have been using IFTTT for years now and yes there are times when the service as been unreliable. Its difficult to complain when you are using a service for free.

I am looking forward to IFTTT upping its game. If not, its just as easy to unsubscribe :slight_smile:

$10 a month is out of the question. But at $2 a month, its worth considering. In years to come, IFTTT may become a $10 a month service and I will be grandfathered on my $2 a month plan :slight_smile: Its a gamble I am prepared to take :slight_smile:

For detailed thoughts and reasons for subscribing:

3 Likes

I subscribed to try out the new Pro features.

I tried to pay €0,99/month, but the website did not accept that…

Still I’m considering to build my own solution (since I have only one use case and don’t use most of IFTTT’s features).

1 Like