Investor-focused profile of Roam Research

Investor-focused profile of note-taking service Roam Research, and its co-founder and CEO, Conor White-Sullivan

Startup accelerator Y Combinator rejected [White-Sullivan] five times, he said, perhaps because he sent his application video from his van, where he was living to keep costs for Roam as low as possible. Seed investors had a similarly cool reaction. …

Chain-smoking and sipping Red Bulls, he kept pitching, collecting an unlikely group of investors that included Richard Meadows, a freelance journalist known for eating pizza for 222 days straight, the Centre for Effective Altruism, and Skype founding engineer Jaan Tallinn.

The photo absolutely looks like cult founders. Keep the Flavor-Ade away from these people.

3 Likes
3 Likes

The article is behind an expensive paywall. Sort of teasing us by posting the link, eh?

Now I can’t learn more about the competitive pizza eater.

2 Likes

You just have to give them an email address and you can read it free.

I did not give them buzoff@example.com because that would be WRONG.

4 Likes

I would also not give them postmaster@dev.null (my favorite for the Airport WiFi log-in that requires an email address).

JJW

4 Likes

Oh, I always give these forms mitch@mitchwagner.com.

6 Likes

That explains the My Little Pony mailing lists I’m on.

5 Likes

(Note to mods: I do not mind my email address going out. It’s public.)

(Ack, apologies—I didn’t mean to guess your actual email :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

No need to apologize. I’ve published the email in multiple places on the Internet over the years.

And if it was a guess it was spot on and impressive – many people have multiple email addresses, or use clever wordplay in their email, but I just have whatever my work email is at the time, and also mitch@mitchwagner.com.

1 Like