IOS 12 Public Beta is Released!

Did Apple realease the public beta the same version as the beta 2?

CarPlay is working fine for me after installing the beta. I haven’t tried the navigation tools though.

I got excited, installed the profile… only to realise that I need WiFi to download the Beta and there’s no access to WiFi at my workplace! :angry:

Exciting! I’ll be installing it on my iPad on Thursday or Friday.

Oh hurrah! I’ve been waiting! Heard that the development betas have been really stable, and the speed improvements for old phones substantial. I’m on the 6s… Still debating to get on the early train or not… But i guess I will! Really interested to try out the dark mode on Mojave too.

Carplay works excellent - even the Maps positioning error isn’t something I’ve encountered.

Only problem is that Carplay crashes if using any car mounted cameras while the iPhone is connected to Carplay.

So I need to wait a couple of moments before connecting my iPhone whenever I start my car, since cameras switch on by default

So far so good. painless and all the apps I’ve checked so far are working fine.

iOS 12 is butter smooth with this build. I’m very impressed.

Apple needs to make bedtime mode more accessible though, unless I’m missing something.

1 Like

I’m not seeing where to create your own siri shortcuts? I see the Siri and Search in settings but these all seem to be pre-defined. What am I missing?

:thinking: That seems very odd to me.

Only installed it on my iPAD so far. Works really good.

Biggest issues:

• OpenVPN does not work
  • Pulse Secure VPN does not work
  • Like with every Beta, my banking app stopped working.

And these issues stops me from installing it on my main device.
u

Well there is, but no access for our personal devices.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for calming my curiosity. :wink:

1 Like

IMG_0010

They haven’t released it yet! Hopefully next version!

1 Like

Installed it on my iPad Air 2. No issues so far. All my apps work without problems. Runs much faster than iOS 11.

The new Do Not Disturb features are my favorite thing in an iOS release in a long time! Bedtime mode made waking up this morning much easier - I could use my phone to listen to Overcast without being bothered by notifications until I pushed the Good Morning button. Highly recommended!

I agree. My iPad Air 2 is really much snappier now. It’s a noticeable improvement. I kind of agree that if they had stopped there this would have been a good release.

I’m waiting to see what Screentime tells me - when I first checked my major use was for productivity - I suppose that this is good :confused:

It’s tempting to dive all in, but I’m going to hold off for the moment.

Andrew

1 Like

Installed the public beta and happy to report that my 6s is indeed way faster! Keyboard pop up time is prosthetic most noticeable. Used to take 5, even 10 seconds or more for the keyboard to take it’s own sweet time appearing when I swipe down in the home screen to get to search. Now it’s practically instant! Pressing on text fields in safari too is mich faster. Haven’t explored much else yet… But I’m looking forward to Siri shortcuts. Don’t really use Siri but still…!

1 Like

I’m in no rush to install the beta on my phone. I might not even do it at all, just wait until the GA release for that. I have a 7 Plus; performance is just fine.