iOS 13.2 bricking HomePods

2 Likes

Arg!
Thanks for the heads up. I unplugged all of ours. I went in to check if they had updated, and Home started downloading the update.

For those interested, here’s how to disable automatic updates:

Guess I can plug them back in now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hate to say it, but I think Apple needs to step back and take a breather with the updates. (across the board)

1 Like

Agreed!!! They gotta go back to basics. Lay one brick at a time.

1 Like

That’s a cruel pun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I am not happy.

I own two HomePods. One of them started acting up two weeks ago. Intermittently, it made sort of an electronic hissing and whimpering sound. After contacting Apple support (15 months after purchase, I am glad to be protected by European consumer laws), they decided that I had to send it in. Well, I did that. After having the device checked, Apple Service decided that the HomePod had to be replaced.

Yesterday, I updated my other HomePod to iOS 13.2. Well, no bricking. I did not have to reset it, of course.

Today, the replacement arrived. A software update was available, but only to iOS 12.4. That was weird. I tried again and again. But, no: only 12.4 ist available. Then I stumbled upon this mess…

Oh well…

Funny thing (not so funny): my AppleWatch 5 does not see the 6.1 update. Has there been a “recall”, too?

The bugginess of all of the Apple OS landscape in these days is frightening. And unbelievable to some degree.

2 Likes

watchos 6.1 hasn’t been released

1 Like

Ok, I did not notice that before. That is weird, because the new AirPods Pro need watchOS 6.1 according to Apple.

And those devices will be available tomorrow.

they also need 10.15.1 which hasn’t been released either - maybe today with the 16" MacBook Pro :smiley:

1 Like