iPad and Magic Keyboard

Thanks to everyone with their suggestions and impressions. Received my Magic Keyboard yesterday and so far I’m liking it a lot. Writing with iA Writer on the iPad is especially nice. And one of the things I did automatically was to use @brookter 's suggestion and key map the Escape key using caps lock. Didn’t even know that key mapping feature existed before this conversation.

Again, many many thanks. The Magic Keyboard looks to be a very worthy investment for my particular needs.

3 Likes

I use Apple’s Magic Keyboard with my 12.9 inch iPad Pro. Admittedly, I used it a lot more when I was regularly going out to meetings or working in remote places (coffee shops, etc.), but it’s still a great device if you need to type a lot on an iPad.

When I’m not using it, I have the iPad in Apple’s Folio case. They’re boring, but they work very well. Not super protective if you drop it, of course, but I just want basic protection.

As for propping it up, I often use the folio case as a kickstand. However, my desk serves as a runway for my largest cat on his way to the window, so I decided to get something more stable for my desk. For that, I use the expensive, heavy Elevation lab DraftTable.

However, I don’t use Sidecar, so I’m not sure the DraftTable is the best option because it’s most vertical option is not perfectly vertical.