iPad Pro Battery Life

Thanks for this info! I’ve never bothered to test that. I have been a bit nervous since a friend pulled a neglected Apple Pencil out of a drawer and found it would not take a charge (it was left in the drawer for much, much longer than 10 days).

Quick follow up. Experiment 1

On NYE, I went to bed at 10pm. I had the iPad with pencil attached on the charger, it was full. I unplugged it and left it on my desk. Woke up, did some chores, and got to my iPad to read at around 10:30am. It was at 99%. The previous time I’d done that, before changing a ton of auto-refresh and brightness settings based on this post, it was at 92%. Used it intermittently during the day to read (books), email, a little bit of Reddit, do some community moderation in Facebook, respond to Facebook messages, and do a few text messages.

While the family watched a movie I wasn’t particularly into, I read again and put it away at around 9pm. It was down to 56% and was only 55% this morning at 7:30. Still not the epic days of my iPad 2 or iPad Air 2, but much better. I’ll continue to play a bit and see how consistent this can be.

1 Like

If I’m reading this right, the effect on battery drain of having the Pencil attached to the iPad, everything else being relatively equal, is ~1%. Am I understanding this correctly?

That’s what I’m seeing after adjusting auto refresh on most of my apps and turning the screen down a bit. I haven’t charged since yesterday morning (around 6:30) and have worked down to a battery life of about 27%. I’m responding to this, looking up a few previous posts, need to do a little writing, then I’ll likely charge it while I go run errands. It’s not quite as good as the 2-3 days I’ve rocked in the past (especially since I’ve not got a portable/battery charge yet - my external batteries don’t seem to charge this thing) but it will do for the time being.

1 Like