My wife has an iPhone 13 Pro and I’m thinking about upgrading it to the regular iPhone 15 (non-pro).
iPhone 15 advantages
- USB-C. I’m also upgrading, so we would use the same cables at home, car, travel, etc.
- 48MP Camera + Portrait mode after the fact
- U2 chip
- A16 SoC (vs A15 on 13 Pro)
- Dynamic Island
- X70 modem
iPhone 15 cons
- 60Hz screen (no ProMotion) but I did some tests with my 11 and she didn’t notice the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz.
- Two cameras on the 15 vs three on the 13 Pro. Having said that, the iPhone 15 main camera can do 2x zoom with good quality, and the 3x telephoto on the 13 Pro is really low quality. Besides, I really think the 13 Pro software processing is weird. I frequently find that my iPhone 11 photos look better than the 13 Pro.
Am I missing something here?