iPhone Tip that changed my life

This is a game changer! I often use the two finger trick on my ipad, but I didn’t know this similar trick would work on the phone also! https://twitter.com/i/moments/1064538423980105733?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

5 Likes

It’s funny how many people have been finding out about this trick lately. You are the third person.

3 Likes

I kept trying to use the same trick that works on the ipad, but it doesn’t work that way. it does say a lot about discoverability, like @bowline said

1 Like

Wow !! Fantastic Doty

This is a great tip. Finally something useful goes viral…

Should be anywhere on the keypad rather than just space bar. Definitely was a game changer for me.

I can force press anywhere on the Keyboard to get this effect, unless I’m misunderstanding something? Maybe it depends on the iPhone model? I’m on an XS.

They can’t make the long press to move the cursor work everywhere on the keypad because long pressing on certain characters brings up the ability to type alternate versions of those characters (try long pressing a, e, i, o, u, s, l, or n).

3 Likes

Snell hits it on the head with regards to the dicoverability aspect, but also it highlights the fact that people never really read the users manual, on Books for FREE, that gets updated all the time. I know not everyone is as fastidious as us lot of Apple nerds, so I try to point the manual out to people after they’ve ask me a question and I have already answered it. Then I send them the link to the manual and the bookstore, and tell them to just look here for anything else if they can’t reach me.

This usually goes unheeded and they ask me obvious questions again in the future anyway, lol

1 Like

It was Dan Moren who wrote that, not Snell. Some people never really read the articles! (kidding, kidding)

2 Likes

Touché lol, need to pay attention to authors when I’m clicking!

1 Like

It works for me on the iPad. I’m using it as I type this reply, on my iPad.

Unless I’m mistaken, on the iPad, you can use two fingers anywhere on the onscreen keyboard or anywhere on the screen with the Smart Keyboard. But with the iPhone, you have to longpress on the space bar to achieve the same effect. Are you experiencing something different?

You don’t (necessarily) need two fingers on the iPad, for that cursor movement. Long press works too.

There’s a user manual? Lol. But seriously, I guess I never bothered to look.

1 Like

I see unicorns and rainbows!! My life will be so much better from now on. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like