Is it possible to connect a solar inverter to Homebridge?

This is likely not possible, but nothing ventured nothing gained. I would be interested in getting power production/consumption information from my solar inverter into Homebridge (or other alternatives). My solar system was installed about four years ago by Solar City (now Tesla). They installed an ABB inverter which sends power production/consumption information to a hub connected to my router which in turn transmits it to Tesla. I can go to the Telsa app or website to get this information but frankly both their app and website suck pretty big time. The inverter manual pointed me to software called Aurora Manager Lite, but as far as I can tell it is only for Windows. This might be more trouble than it is worth, but Solar City, before they were bought by Tesla, actually had a really good, easy to use app that I could use to track all this stuff. Now it is such a pain that I hardly bother. Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone else has thought about this.

It might be, but I’d suggest looking at Home Assistant first. It has energy monitoring which is quite nice, excellent APIs (there’s a good chance someone solved this already!), and can still share back to HomeKit.

Thanks! I was actually listening to you talk about Home Assistant on the latest Automators this morning. Will check it out.