Is there a better Mac VNC client than Screen Sharing?

TeamViewer will eventually abandon you if you are using the free version. At some point you will do something that they will see a ‘commercial’ use and disable your free account without explanation or easy recourse. I saw others comment about this and assumed it was people trying to just get around paying for it for commercial use, that is until it happened to me. Switched to Jump Desktop.

1 Like

I have the opposite problem, and don’t know how to resolve it!

I can use Jump to log in to my account on the Mini, but not into a different account. Both mine and a second account are always active on the Mini, with “hot” swapping being used. The second account is only used for photos, where our original quality photos are downloaded into our Photo libraries, which is then backed up to Backblaze.

I can use Jump to switch accounts, and then log in to the second Mini account, but that’s as far as I can get - I never actually “see” the desktop etc. of the second account, with Jump “remaining” in the first…

Anyone have any suggestions about how to fix that?

The solution is: don’t use macOS’ user switching, use a different connection in Jump Desktop.

For example, I have two options for logging into my MacMiniColo (technically MacStadium) mini: one as my own user, and one as the ‘admin’ user:

In Jump Desktop, go to Window » Computers

Right click on the entry for the Mini.

Select ‘Duplicate’

Then select the Duplicate, right click “Edit” and change the username and password.

1 Like

Thank you! Will give this a go!

@tjluoma >> just did this across all my devices, and works a treat! Thanks again – would not have occurred to me to do this, and quite straight-forward in the end!