Is there a weather app that gives commute alerts?

I’ve stuck with the stock weather app for years at this point, but I’m considering branching out as winter weather starts to kick in here in Chicago.

I’m wondering… is there an existing weather app that would give a notification in the evening that would alert me to what conditions would be like during the morning commute? I suppose I could just also set reminder to check each night, but that seems lame, heh.

Carrot Weather can provide an alert for the next days forecast at a user specified time.

1 Like

I think it might finally be time to take the plunge :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not to me. Why pay when you can just say “Hey Siri, what’s the weather for tomorrow morning?”

1 Like

What’s your Apple nerd level? Because you could set up a daily alert as an Apple shortcut without needing a new app… (but a new app is easier, and I can give a +1 for Carrot, it’s a good weather app)

2 Likes

An alternative way of looking at this – wait until morning and look at Waze for your commute. If it says the drive time is ∞ then go back to sleep.

2 Likes

That seems really cool. I think maybe I was just looking for an excuse to spend money.

WeatherBug gives commuter alerts, but double check for any privacy issues. I don’t want to besmirch it, but my recollection is many of the weather apps use location access to build a tracking profile. I vaguely recall seeing something about that pertaining to WeatherBug, but could be wrong.

1 Like