Is there a workflow to attach a photo taken with iOS to a calendar event?

Dear MPU’ers

Firstly, am I allowed to use this topic to request workflow solutions? If not, apols.

I often attach scans or photos to calendar events. For example if it’s a kids party I attach a scan/photo of the invitation to the event. However as far as I know this can only be done in MacOS and not iOS.

Given this, what might be the easiest way to take a scan or photo on iOS and attach it to a calendar event?

I’m not really a Workflow user yet but more then willing to dive into it.

Thanks in advance.

[Originally wrongly posted in Tech Support]

Perhaps @RosemaryOrchard could resolve this duplication and miscategorisation. You should only need one post in the forum.

Dear MPU’ers

Firstly, am I allowed to use this topic to request workflow solutions? If not, apols.

I often attach scans or photos to calendar events. For example if it’s a kids party I attach a scan/photo of the invitation to the event. However as far as I know this can only be done in MacOS and not iOS.

Given this, what might be the easiest way to take a scan or photo on iOS and attach it to a calendar event?

I’m not really a Workflow user yet but more then willing to dive into it.

Thanks in advance.

If you have an event in your own calendar already with the attachment in it, you could use Workflow to grab that event, and then add that as an attachment (ICS file) to an e-mail sent from Workflow.

If you need to specify the event, you are probably going to be attaching the event file and sending it on in a similar way, but as well as the event being an attachment to the mail you could also send your image as an additional attachment; in Workflow you can add multiple files to a single variable and pass that variable into the mail action to create multiple attachments on the mail.

If you need to create an event that you want to track attendees and include the image then that’s a bit tricky for someone starting out, but should technically be possible. I’d suggest that start with a look at my response here - Automators - calendar invites.

Another alternative you may wish to consider is that calendar entries created via Workflow can include text notes. If your image were available online, you could include a hyperlink to the image. This is probably the very simplest one to build but relies on you having the image online somewhere attendees can access.

Hope that gives you some useful ideas.

Posted in wrong Topic. Will repost in Workflows.

Thanks, will look into the second option.