June 2019 Sales and Hardware/Software Deals

Have a look at HashPhotos on iOS. There is also a ScreencastsOnline tutorial. It’s very powerful organizational tool and reasonably priced ($5.00 maybe?).

Not exactly a deal, since I think it’s still going for the usual price of $9.99, but Notability updated a few days ago. The updates include shapes and partial eraser.

For me, this puts it back on a par with the capabilities of GoodNotes 5 (another excellent app), and I prefer Notability’s organization (though I do wish it were possible to nest more deeply).

Just a heads-up. :slight_smile:

FYI The Sweet Setup picked GoodNotes 4 as the best of its kind now for handwritten notes, and when the v.5 update came out (the other day?) they said it reinforced their opinion. (I don’t have any of these apps, so I can’t offer an opinion.)

GoodNotes 5 has been out for a while. The Notability update came out yesterday, so two days after the (quite helpful!) post from The Sweet Setup. Not the greatest timing. :roll_eyes:

They’re both great apps.

Thanks for the tip on HashPhotos, very cool app. I bought the upgrade at 3.99 to support the dev. It has lots of great features for free though.

Its worth a look, if you want to manage photos on iOS

1 Like

There’s a ScreenCast about Notability that published today.

1 Like

Thanks! Looks good (though it looks like he recorded it before yesterday’s update).

Oh no!
Strange timing all around.

Best Buy is offering a $50 Apple Store/iTunes gift card for $45, and it comes with 3 free months of Apple Music (for new subscribers only):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/apple-50-app-store-itunes-gift-card/3695227.p?skuId=3695227

10% off Airpods with wireless charging case at Amazon

Huh? They’re actually $159 at Amazon (and other places, like Adorama):

Not only that, but they’re expected to be one of the even-lower-priced sale items on Prime Day (which was leaked to be July 15th, I think). So I would not recommend purchasing AirPods now.

they’re not with the wireless charging case?

1 Like

Of course they are. That’s in the title!

It does say “charging case” , not “wireless”.

Ah, good catch! I forgot about that difference. :bowing_man:

Still, I’d wait 3 weeks until Prime Day just in case there’s a better deal than this $19 discount. Some sites are guessing the same thing.

Amazon has the Logitech K750 Solar Powered Wireless Keyboard for Macs, for a low $39.99 with free shipping. Price is within $3 of its all-time low.

Epistory is $5.99 on Steam.

1 Like

Just received an email from MacPlus/NotifyApp saying that all their Mac apps are now 30% off with this link (coupon-code embedded in link).

I own two of the company’s apps: Command-Tab Plus (which I no longer use, but which is a great superset of the macOS app-switcher), and their Google Keep app (essentially a web wrapper for Google Keep, which can be used either as a desktop app or a menubar app). which I use all the time.

Part deal, part life hack:

If you are a student or a teacher, if you go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office and have a valid school email address you can get Microsoft Office free for the duration of your schooling or teaching career.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about the Microsoft home use program