Just bought 7th gen ipads for my kids

One of the household hand-me-downs sustained a shattered screen. The other one is an iPad mini that no longer gets new OS updates. It’s also small for school work.

I got the 32 gig model because my kids are still young … elementary school. But I’m worried that might be a mistake.

Also, I need a good case that can stand up to some Wild Boyz AND my wife’s financial scrutiny.

Anyone have experience/advice for going down this road?

1 Like

32Gb is fine if you aren’t dealing with 100+ apps and/or need to keep onboard lots of video. Depending on how it’s used it might be useful to consider paying for extra iCloud storage so as to access files you aren’t storing on the device.

If the iPad is for young kids I’d look into the AppleCare+ extended warranty, which will extend the warranty from one year to two in the USA, cover the Apple Pencil and Apple-branded iPad keyboard as well, and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $49 for iPad and $29 for Apple Pencil or Apple-branded iPad keyboard. And it gets you 24/7 chat or phone support.

And I’d definitely look into a kid-oriented case.

1 Like