Just ordered an iPad Air - have never owned a tablet in my life. Hype me up!

@ERJ_T any news on how it changed stuff you do

Hi! Thanks for following up…

So… the iPad Air arrived a couple weeks ago at this point and I was: 1) Immediately impressed with how light it was 2) Immediately perturbed that it was SQUISHY and CREAKY

When moving the iPad Air from one hand to another during normal use, I could literally feel the back panel pushing in. It was BIZARRE and made it feel like a toy. Between that and the low refresh rate screen, I ended up exchanging it for an iPad Pro. It was a hassle to go through this, but with my teacher discount and the current Apple Education sale the price ended up quite similar.

Honestly… my work flows haven’t changed really at all lol. It’s like a thousand dollar comic book reading machine. I don’t see how I could or would easily be productive on this when I could just grab my MacBook Air and do real work. Honestly, not necessarily a con. Thinking of it as a REALLY NICE entertainment machine. I’ve been voraciously reading comics on it and playing a little Apple Arcade.

2 Likes

Congratulations. You have just experienced what many Mac users discover – the difference between iPad promise and iPad reality. :man_shrugging:

Ha! I am not disappointed by that at all. The main thing I knew I wanted to do was read out of print Star Wars comics and I’m doing that as we speak!

3 Likes

You can doodle. You can draw. You can paint.

They are easier to read books on. And they are quite portable.

For me, the iPad killed the need for a laptop, but not the need of having a regular computer. I do play occasional games --damn you Diablo: Immortal! , use it to read sheet music and learn the piano, watching YouTube videos, some light note taking, and a lot of bedtime reading (Kindle, Reddit). For regular work, I just want my regular computer.

2 Likes