Keyboard Maestro 10.0 has been released

I recently received this info via email. It prompted me to reassess my KM usage. Evidently I have saved ‘60 hours’ by using KM, but that is over at least a two-year period. I am unsure how that is calculated, and I suspect they are being generous.

I discovered that I’m still on a ‘trial’ basis, I guess meaning that I’ve never bought or subscribed. I also discovered that there are literally zero macros that I currently run. All of my former usage has been either temporary or has been superseded. For example, the new partnership between Fastmail and 1Password means I no longer have to log in to Fastmail in order to add an alias email.

This leaves potential future uses, mainly to trigger repeated actions. I’m thinking that this can probably be handled by Shortcuts. So I guess I won’t be upgrading, instead I just deleted it. :man_shrugging:

To clarify: Are you saying you’d have preferred them to prioritise thinness?

Where did I say this?

(spoiler alert: I did not.)

Well, you said this:

Which is why I’m asking you to clarify because it appears that you’re saying you’d like the laptops to be thinner but I could be misinterpreting.

Guys, not to be the net-nanny here, but this thread was a discussion about Keyboard Maestro 10, not Apple laptop design. Can you move the discussion to a new thread or DM, please?

Thanks

5 Likes

That’s what KM reported my usage and I have only one macro which I used a lot: entering keychain password of my company intranet. I’m happy that KM helped me enter this password a few times a day.

I bet my usage is increasing now as I have added a few more macros, mainly on windows management and toggling resolution, which I have observed myself doing a few times a day.

And, that’s the beauty of KM - one starts with one or two macro and grow from there.

2 Likes

Aaaaaand making a new KM macro :partying_face:

1 Like