Keyboard shortcut to Safari's address & search bar

Looking for a keyboard shortcut that will allow to access Safari’s address and search bar.
Safari 11.1.1 Mac OS 10.13.5

Keyboard shortcut to Safari’s address & search bar

Command +L will take you to the address bar. Is that what you mean?

2 Likes

and Command+F to search on the current webpage.

1 Like

I very often go to Safari wanting to open a URL I have in the clipboard in which case I hold down Command while I press T L V to open a tab, access the location bar and paste.

1 Like

Unfortunately, doesn’t do it for me.

I’m aware of this shortcut.
In this case, I want to access the address bar to search the web using the same window.

It’s the CMD + L part of that combination that isn’t working for me.
CMD + L is supposed to be the keyboard shortcut to the address bar.

If you are using TextExpander or Typinator (or similar) you might have defined something else to use L as a shortcut. Of you might have a conflicting shortcut defined in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services or System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts. Also check Safari > File to make sure that the shortcut assigned to Open Location is L

1 Like

This is what I had suspected and had checked in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts and found that I had created a CMD + L shortcut for another app. Your message prompted me to go back and double check if there were any more. I found two more that I had completely forgotten about.
Problem sorted.
Many thanks.

1 Like

Too bad macOS doesn’t make finding conflicts fast, easy and obvious. Glad it worked out for you.

2 Likes