Lightroom workflow for multiple devices

I’m a long-time user of Lightroom for my photography and am quite organised with my catalog. However, I would like to include some of my iPhone photos in there, particularly ones which have been taken during holidays, gatherings etc, so I have a complete record of those events in the one place.

Does anyone else here sync multiple devices to Lightroom and if so, how do you do so? Combined catalog, separate catalogs, linked tags etc?

It all goes into the same catalogue, particularly if it’s for the same event.
I don’t tag or keyword the photos as phone shots at all, the metadata in the sidebar shows the camera that took the photo. You can filter on camera model using the metadata filters or even use smart collections to automatically collate those photos if you want.
I always leave my DSLR on GMT time so I don’t forget to change it’s clock with daylight savings. As a result I have to nudge the phone photo’s capture time by an hour so they line up with the DSLR photos (obviously this only applies for part of the year). You can change the time for multiple photos at once using LR’s Metadata > Edit Capture Time menu option so it’s not really any bother.

1 Like