Linking to Local Files

Hi everyone!

I’m currently in school and I take my reading notes in markdown. I later run Pandoc on my collection of markdown notes to create a single PDF of my notes. I often will make notes about .PDF or .docx documents. I’ve included a link to the file pathname on my system (ie [Document Title](<file://path_name/document.pdf>). It seems that the link will work, but when I click on the link in PDFPenPro I get a system message that says that PDFpenPro doesn’t have permission to open the document (using the same technique I can easily link to webpages without the same issue).

I have tried to find a way to give PDFpenPro permission to access files on my machine in the system preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > “Files and Folders” but the “+” is greyed out and I can’t add PDFpenPro to my list of applications to grant permissions.

Does anyone know any way to grant PDFpenPro the permission access system file links?

Thanks!

2 Likes

First, welcome!

Have you unlocked the Security settings before trying to make changes in permissions? Look at the lower left corner of the dialog box.

JJW

1 Like

I have - the “+” remains greyed out :frowning:

Yes. I see the same.

You may need to grant permission either at the Accessibility level or the Full Disk Access level (or both).

JJW