Looking for minimal wallet recommendations

I am a cheapscape, I use this from ESR , I bought it during prime for less than US$ 20

1 Like

This one is light but not as minimal as others on their website. Allett has quite a selection these days. But their prices have gone up so I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll buy next time I need one.

1 Like

Befire I starting making my own wallets with space to hold a space pen anda 3x5 spiral notebook I liked stuff made by Allett Like this one

2 Likes

Iā€™m a huge fan of Bellroyā€™s wallets.

There are many minimal options. Check out Slim Sleeve, Flip Case, Card Sleeve, Apex Slim Sleeve, or Card Pocket.

I have the one @ismh talked about and itā€™s great! But I have a problem and canā€™t help trying new things, so my current wallet is this Bellroy. Itā€™s really compact but holds a lot, and Bellroy is a super solid company (I have many things from them).

1 Like

I used the sailcloth version of this wallet for several years. The material was the thickness of notebook paper but very strong.

3 Likes

This in the grey has been my everyday wallet. Great for a few cards, id, and a couple of paper bills!

I second this recommendation!

Nothing wrong with being frugal, especially when it comes to accessories like these. I bought the Apple branded MagSafe wallet and the mere thought of losing my iPhone AND a couple credit cards all in one shot was too much to handle, so now that fancy $59 wallet only holds my ā€œCharlie cardā€ for the subway (Boston) and my building entrance keycard.

Iā€™ve owned the Yasutomo 2020 for nearly 10 years and itā€™s still in perfect state (hereā€™s an article about it). It doesnā€™t look like itā€™s sold anymore but there seem to be cuben wallets inspired by it floating around. Iā€™m hoping it lasts another 10 years, I really love it.

+1 for all things bellroy. Always satisfied with their products

1 Like

Another vote for Bellroy. I have their card sleeve and it is perfect. I tried the Apple wallet but didnā€™t get on with it. I have a bit of a Bellroy problem in that I own way too many of their products including the backpack, tech pouch, pencil case, notebook covers, key cover, laptop case, etc

2 Likes

This is what I use too - lovely wallet IMO. However, as my bank FINALLY started offering ApplePay, itā€™s becoming increasingly less important to carry.

Hereā€™s the link to mine: Secrid Slimwallet Vintage Brown but there are plenty of design variations to choose from.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember where I first heard the recommendation (maybe Adam Savage of MythBusters fame), but Saddleback wallets appeared on my radar about 8-10 years ago. I mentioned it to my family and received one as a gift from my dad. Itā€™s been fantastic.

The exact wallet I have appears to be no longer available, but they offer some slim wallets that are meant to hold just a few cards. I had to pare down my carry significantly, but as I had been aiming to do so at the time anyway, it was no problem.

The wallet definitely softens over time and shows unique characteristics as it ages. I mean, it IS leather.

Saddleback Menā€™s Wallets

Iā€™ve been using this one for years and really like it. Started out with the tyvek version and now using the soft shell.

Thanks for the great advice, Iā€™m reviewing all of the recommendations.

I stumbled upon this great review site. Iā€™m passing it along as it may be of interest to others.

2 Likes

I also have RIDGE, but in Gunmetal. That has been my experience as well.

I used to carry a Trayvax Original, but it felt too big in my pocket and the velcro wore quickly. I did like the bottle opener though.

Unfortunately, not always. Some retailers/restaurants donā€™t take Apple Pay via iPhone or Watch, I have to use the card. :frowning:

Exentri is pretty great. V compact trifold.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not seen the Trayvax Original and itā€™s bottle opener, but there is a bottle opener for the RIDGE wallet as well, donā€™t know how that compares for your needs/desires/aesthetics.